Vegetarian

FAFDA

FAFDA

 Fafda recipe is one of the famous Gujarati snack recipes. This is an authentic Gujarati breakfast enjoyed with jalebis. It is a famous Farsan recipe.  Farsan is a term that is used for snacks in Gujrat. Gujarati cuisine has so many popular Farsans like Khaman dhokla, fafda, khandvi and many more. Fafda snack can be have at any time to enjoy your tea party and it can be enjoyed with chutney and some fried green chillies. This is a tea time snack.

Fafda is not a heavy snack, it’s a light snack and a kind of Gujarati gathiya  To make fafda used fine gram flour and it works great for fafda recipe or any farsan recipes. in addition, the gram flour dough has to be kneaded to sticky and smooth so that it can be spread smoothly. while stretching the fafda, be gentle and do not add extra pressure, otherwise, it would stick to the bottom and make problem to remove it from the surface for frying. In authentic recipe of fafda papad khar is used if there is the unavailability of it can be alternate with baking soda.

This is the first Gujarati recipe that I am going to post. Gujarati cuisine is not spicy. Gujarati food is sweet in taste. Most of the Gujarati recipe have the sweetness. In some recipe, its slightly sweet and some of are sweeter but it has the sweetness same as the Gujarati peoples. Gujarati peoples are very sweet, they like to eat as well as they like to serve people with the love.

FAFDA, fafda recipe, Gujarati snack recipes, farsan recipe, Gujarati cuisine

Gujarati food is mostly vegetarian because about 65% of the population is vegetarian. The remaining 35% of the population of Gujrat consists of Bohra Muslims and Parsis. Bohra Muslims are the followers of Abdullah who were Hindus who adopted Muslim religion. The Parsi cuisine is influenced from western.

Fafda is so versatile because it can be have in various style like it can be have with green chillies and chutney, With tea, served like chaat with some chopped onion, tomatoes, green chillies, some chutneys and can be enjoyed with yoghurt and chutney. I will share these recipes also soon.

FAFDA, fafda recipe, Gujarati snack recipes, farsan recipe, Gujarati cuisine
FAFDA
Votes: 0
Rating: 0
You:
Rate this recipe!
Print Recipe
Fafda recipe is one of the famous Gujarati snack recipes. This is an authentic Gujarati breakfast enjoyed with jalebis. It is a famous Farsan recipe. Farsan is a term that is used for snacks in Gujrat
Servings
4 people
Servings
4 people
FAFDA, fafda recipe, Gujarati snack recipes, farsan recipe, Gujarati cuisine
FAFDA
Votes: 0
Rating: 0
You:
Rate this recipe!
Print Recipe
Fafda recipe is one of the famous Gujarati snack recipes. This is an authentic Gujarati breakfast enjoyed with jalebis. It is a famous Farsan recipe. Farsan is a term that is used for snacks in Gujrat
Servings
4 people
Servings
4 people
Ingredients
Servings: people
Units:
Instructions
  1. Combine gram flour, papad khar, turmeric powder, chilli powder, carom seeds, salt and oil in a bowl and mix well. Add water and knead into soft dough.
  2. Transfer the dough onto a worktop and knead well. Transfer into a bowl, cover with damp muslin cloth and set aside for 30 minutes. Divide the dough into small portions.
  3. Heat oil in a kadai.
  4. Grease the worktop with some oil, shape each portions into a cylinder and stretch into long strips pressing with your palm. deep-fry each strip in hot oil till golden and crisp.
  5. Fafda is ready to serve.
Share this Recipe

Leave a Reply